Announcement on the Main Page

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I know the announcement I made on the main page will be the 2nd most unpopular announcement made in SIM's history (the first being the SIM was ending in 2003). However, look on the bright side... you could be Daryl.

<a href='http://www.turfangels.com/sim/stewardsnote.html' target='_blank'>http://www.turfangels.com/sim/stewardsnote.html</a>
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

:o Wow, time to put it in high gear...
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Wow - I am no longer bashful of my compulsive breeding habits. I've got a good number already done!
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

I really think its a good idea.. in real life you odnt get to breed a baby in Dec and foal in January...Also im htinking if this makes it easier for em to get the yealrings done without being rushed that got to be a GOOD thing.. now off to breed 200 mares.lol
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ronda Figal wrote: I really think its a good idea.. in real life you odnt get to breed a baby in Dec and foal in January...Also im htinking if this makes it easier for em to get the yealrings done without being rushed that got to be a GOOD thing.. now off to breed 200 mares.lol
From what I understand, it is only for this year that we are required to breed any mares we want yearlings from by Week 6. Plus, yearling traits are done automatically by the database thingy at "birth," Em no longer needs to spend hours and hours at the end of every SIM year "doing yearlings."
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The auto yearling osity was the best thing ever in my life. I remember towards the end of grading 2000 yearlings I wasn't a nice person.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

lol, thats right i remember things being a bit "tense" at the end of breeidng season.. thank god for the auto yearlings...
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Luckily most of my mares had "second choice" stallions in mind for last year. I can just go with those. Still, it should be tough to go through another 250+ mares since I figured on dumping at least 1/3 of them towards the end of the year if they spit out total garbage.

-Daryl
Lisa Lange
Two Year Old

Post by Lisa Lange »

What about any horses that are currently running? Would they then have to be retired before week 6 if we want yearlings out of them this year?
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Lisa Lange wrote: What about any horses that are currently running? Would they then have to be retired before week 6 if we want yearlings out of them this year?
As far as I know, yes.
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

That means no little Villains next year. :(