Looking for some Boys

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Oooooo...Nashinda... :wub:

I'll probably have a lot to say on this, because I love her, love her family -- oldschool Windfields family for generations. Loved her big brother Archers Bay. <3

Well, let's see.

I have Nashinda's half-sis Ruby Mist in the SIM, but she's a turfy-type mare so what I bred her to isn't really relevant. However you might want to watch her babies to see if she crosses well with anything specific (she has a Bienamado 2YO this year.)

Adorned has had her best success, obviously, with Silver Deputy, so might as well start the analysis with those full sibs, Acadia and Archers Bay.

Nashinda's full sis Acadia's best runner has been a Forest Wildcat filly that was stakes placed; she has a 2005 D'wildcat (sells at KEESEP, here's the catalog page if you're interested in checking out the female family: <a href='http://www.keeneland.com/sales/sep06/pdfs/3904.pdf)' target='_blank'>http://www.keeneland.com/sales/sep06/pdfs/3904.pdf)</a> and 2006 Lemon Drop Kid.

Archers Bay, as you may know, colicked and died in '02, and has only three crops on the ground. He's had a few decent ones, though, and with a variety of BM sires. Arch Hall is maybe the best; he's out of a Fortunate Prospect mare; Spaghetti Mouse was a nice horse out west (out of a With Approval mare); Sheer Enchantment (Regal Classic), Kent Ridge (Cure The Blues) are also nice ones. Tiger Claw (Bold Executive) just won the other day I think, and Questuary (Ascot Knight) won the first ever stake on our Polytrack, last Wednesday night.
The nice thing about this is that it implies you've got a lot of choice in picking a mate for Nashinda; the annoying thing is that there's no one obvious nick that's clear from AB's progeny.

Looking at Silver Deputy's babies, it's clear that he too is a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to nicks; however, what stands out is that he's produced a lot of good runners from Mr. P, Bold Ruler (thru Bold Ruckus, and sometimes Slew) and to a lesser extent Buckpasser.
Actually looking at his progeny list makes me nostalgic, Silver Dep has sired some real hard knocking horses (60+ starts) who I used to love to watch at Woodbine when I was just getting into racing. What a great sire he is.
Er. Sorry about that, LOL, anyway...

Silver Dep as a BMS in the SIM is hard to judge because with a mare like Silverbulletday, they mostly all come out good. She seemed to have a lot of success with Priceless Forever lines though, FWIW.
There's a really nice Smart Strike colt, Strike the Legend, out of a Silver Deputy mare, that runs in the Holy Bull this week, too.

So what to do with all this rambling info? Well, I'd go for a dirt horse with Mr. P somewhere prominent in the pedigree. I had a quick look (read: lightning-fast skim) through the $5k and under sires and found a few I like with her, but you might want to check more thoroughly:

Changeintheweather- baby would be 3x4 Mr. P, adds nice toughness/stamina with Pleasant Colony and Stage Door Johnny (Nashinda is a sprint/mile type in RL, but I'm not sure that she's bred like one -- so I'd breed her for intermediate distances until you get a handle on what her babies like.)

Bandini-3x4 Mr. P, 5x4x5 Northern Dancer - Bandini is looking like a nice little sire and I like the Dixieland Band and Slew thrown in there.

Dance With Ravens-4x5 Northern Dancer -- I REALLY like this cross, my only questions are a) how's Dance With Ravens going to do as a sire (he's only had a few runners) and b ) maybe Dance With Ravens might have some turfy leanings (what with the Danzig, and A.P. Indy can be turfy too.) I really like the Dance Smartly family crossed with Nashinda though.

Scatter The Gold-2x4 Mr. P, 4x5 ND - I like this perhaps even more than the DWR cross. Again, though, he's only had one runner I think, so wait a few weeks and see how his babies run if you're interested in him. This cross is VERY similar to that of the good colt Strike The Legend that I mentioned above. A+.

Finally, there's always my boy A Bit O'Gold, who I feel deserves some pimping in this thread since the Forty Niner/Silver Dep cross has worked before, and I think he's got a shot to be a really nice sire of runners.

Anyway that's my $0.02 (though it turned out to be more like $20.00, LOL). :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

No prob. :-)
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Laura,

Amen. That was beautiful. I almost cried. And then I didn't. But it was still VERY cool.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

B)

If I can make a man cry with every pedigree analysis, then I've done my job.
:P
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Haha!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

That was quite impressive! Go Laura!