One Proves!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

This is the first colt I actually had very high hopes for, so I'm delighted to see him mature into such an awesome runner. He was my first TBS auction horse, and a bargain - one of the least expensive offerings of the year 20 2yo in training session.

He raced exclusively in stakes company throughout his 2yo season, from the midwest, to the southwest, to California. He stayed in the southwest and California through week 11 of his sophomore year. Through that point, he had picked up 3 stakes wins, including a G3, and 3 other OTB finishes in stakes company. Since he prefers warm and dry weather, I decided to give him a chance to get to the Desert Golden Sprint. Despite trouble out of the gate, he won his week 14 effort in Saudi Arabia, convincing me to move forward.

When he turned 4, he was a different horse. He put up a lights-out time over 6 furlongs in his first try at Desert Oasis. 2 weeks later, he raised eyebrows running right along with the best sprinters in the world, placing in the Sand Storm Stakes. And finally, he came from the back of the pack in a VERY hot Desert Golden Sprint to score his first Grade 1 win, and what may turn out to be his signature victory. The final time made my jaw drop, literally - 1:08.31.

One Proves will retire in Year 22, though I'm not sure when. He's tentatively pointed toward the Steward's Cup, but we will have to see how he withstands his trip back from Dubai. He will stand in New Mexico this year, stud fee TBD, and his foals will be eligible for Mac Silver's exciting young NM-bred program.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

YAY for One Proves! He's awesome! :)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Excellent race Friday night-very exciting.
I'm looking forward to breeding to him.

Nick
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Hehe, see below...
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Yay One Proves!
Got bombed, got frozen