She's A Winner

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Well i've been trying to choose a stallion for She's A Winner since i read that the breedings must be done by week 6. But i just can't seem to be happy with any that I choose. LOL She's a Winner is the Dam of Bluegrass Cat. Her 2 year old is by Grand Reward. I want to make the cross similar to BGC, with a Storm Cat on top, and Serena's Cong is very influential in the SIM, so that's the theory behind that. I was thinking of Tremendous, but his 100k fee has me thinking and re-thinking it. He's crossed well with AP Indy mares in the apst though. If I choose to use him i'll probably put it off until the last minute so i know that I can afford the 100k. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Okay i went in on both sides to see who was crossing best with whom..Mr. Prospector lines Consultant's Bid,danzig,Provate Account, nureyev,etc...On teh A.P. Indy side i came i came up with Nureyev,Alydar,Key To The Mint,Northern Dancer,etc....After comparing both lists and I came up with Northern Dancer being successful on both sides As well as having Danzig being a son of ND he was also one of the more successful crosses ..So if it were me i'd be looking for a Danzig son that prefers whatever surface your mare did..hope that helps a little...
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Thanks Ronda! I'll look into Danzig sons. If I can't find one that I like I stand Night Shift, who is a son of Northern Dancer. He might be a possibility. The mare was unraced in the SIM and her claim to fame is being the dam of Bluegrass Cat, who ran on dirt in RL... who knows what he'd love in the SIM being by Storm Cat.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

keep in mind that Danzig typically throws turf in the SIM. Course.. that was old SIM.. who knows what rules have changed
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

lol, i like Night Shift as well..I know i used him both last season and i have eiter used him this season or he is booked to being used..Thats one of hte msot exciting thinkgs to me about the "new" sim.. i love all this new blood that we get to experement with.lol and hopefully they will be very good experements.. :P