Melbourne Spring Carnival Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Tasmania have Mars but the Afl aren't taking them seriously- as much as I'd love to see a team there I kind of agree. Theres only like 400,000 in Tassie? I couldn't imagine them getting enough memberships or tv ratings to make the club commercially viable. However, a team in West Sydney is just dumb- obviously no one cares there based on getting 19,000 for a final.

The Gold Coast team seems amateurish to me at the moment (the mascot being a guy in speedos and the lack of a nickname) but with the draft picks they have I can see them being competitive at least in their first year.

I'd take a risk with Cousins. He'd go in the pre season draft so you wouldn't have to trade anything for him. I don't think you'd have to pay him that much after what he's done. Give him a one year contract and see if he's got his stuff sorted out. He'd give you some good games even if he was on the drugs.

I always though Lovett was really good so I don't really get why they would trade him. I read an article which said that he would probably be swapped for a first round pick. I'd be happy with that
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Michael Edwards
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Edwards »

3 bets today

Thousand guineas prelude: quinella sugar babe and romneya,

Underwood stakes: Littorio $6 a place,

Rosehill Race 1: Lorne Dancer and Delago star in a quinella also.
Stars Of Tomorrow
Multi SIMMY winner
Get 'The Star Man' Bloodline Here!

Luxury
Top earning son of Turf Sprinter, 'the blessed savior of the breed' Berlioz

Coming Soon.....
Hagrid
Multi Grade 1 winning Giant Turf Miler
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Glowlamp (finally has drawn a good barrier)
J'adane (underrated horse. very nice run last start)
Ronmeya (# 1 Melbourne filly for mine. Sugar Babe a query over the distance but still should place)
Zagreb (Field is a bit weak I reckon. Ready to win)

I'm interested in how Von Costa de Hero will go as well. His first run was very disappointing I thought

I'm not betting because I have no money :(

The Bulldogs were pretty good last night. Geelong too strong though
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Michael Edwards wrote: Rosehill Race 1: Lorne Dancer and Delago star in a quinella also.
nice
Michael Edwards
Classic Contender

Can anyone believe the Hawks won? Never ever ever would have picked that. Infact i lost a slab of crownies on it!
Stars Of Tomorrow
Multi SIMMY winner

Luxury

Coming Soon.....
Hagrid
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

I really wanted the Cats to win. The Hawthorn supporters I know are way too *. Plus I hate the idea that they might just win the one premiership like Essendon circa 2000. I wasn't entirely shocked though. The two teams were pretty even in the past couple of weeks.

I used to be disappointed that the season was over but there's still plenty of sport to look forward to- the spring carnival of course and I'm also into the A-league. Plus there's the NRL grand final which I only care about because the Storm is in it :)
Michael Edwards
Classic Contender

Peter Gleason wrote: I used to be disappointed that the season was over but there's still plenty of sport to look forward to- the spring carnival of course and I'm also into the A-league. Plus there's the NRL grand final which I only care about because the Storm is in it :)
Also: Bathurst, the test in India, domestic cricket, Moto GP all in the next two weeks! Plus AFL trade week will be mayhem this year.
Stars Of Tomorrow
Multi SIMMY winner

Luxury

Coming Soon.....
Hagrid
Michael Edwards
Classic Contender

Super Saturday!

Randwick

race 5. #1 Samantha Miss, loves the track won at the 1600m distance, won her last 3 starts against 3yo fillies. Not going to pay well though, trying to find a quinella for her.

race 9. #1 Typhoon Zed, beat Raheeb and Absolute Glam last two starts, only gained 0.5kg.
tab fixed odds just closed about 4 hours early for some reason and i can't get it at $8 a win! not happy!

Flemington

race 8 Turnbull stakes: Weekend Hussler again. The places could go to any one of Tuesday Joy, Master Oriley, Maldivian, Pompeii Ruler. Then add last years melb cup fav Zipping, last years Cup winner Efficient and young guns Zarita, Littorio and Guillotine. Way too tough to bet on given WH will be paying worse than even. Maybe a small bet on Littorio in blinkers for a place.

Race 5. #3 Absolute Glam, good barrier, better jockey, easier field than last start where she ran 2nd.

Great day of racing!
Stars Of Tomorrow
Multi SIMMY winner

Luxury

Coming Soon.....
Hagrid
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Agree with the Hussler and Absolute Glam. Add in Wookah- pretty good run in the Stutt where he led in a very fast run race. Was beaten about 6 lengths but the horse he was running with was a further 10-15 lengths behind him.

In Sydney I think Fight and Defend is good value in the Spring Champion. I've always been a Hoystar fan but he was quite disappointing when I put my last money on him a few weeks ago. One more chance. In the Flight Stakes go the Samantha Miss- Glowlamp quinella. The fillies races always seem to be slowly run. With Glowlamp leading I would think she could at least hold on for seocnd. Plus she placed in the Champagne stakes in th autumn which is good form for this.
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Fight and Defend's now 8.50. I could have sworn he was something like 15. Not really value anymore
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Cox Plate

Weekend Hussler vs Samantha Miss vs Princess Coup

Mouthwatering
Michael Edwards
Classic Contender

Weekend Hussler i finally gave in to the hype and backed him, dammit.

Littorioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo is finally showing what he can do! Just hope he hasn't peaked too early.

i was at a wedding yesterday so didn't see it, but what happened to Typhoon Zed?
Stars Of Tomorrow
Multi SIMMY winner

Luxury

Coming Soon.....
Hagrid
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

This thread just shows what a horrible tipster I am. So far I have picked Light Fantastic and Tuesday Joy, both already out of their races. I have also dismissed Littorio as a non winner. WH looks shaky too but he was wide the whole race.

Dunno what happened to Typhoon Zed. The track was pretty wet by the end so maybe that was the cause. Was at work so didn't see the race
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

Where did Weekend Hussler finish?
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

He finished like 8th in the end after running wide the whole way at his first run at 2000m. He had excuses but at the same time I would have expected him to rally a bit more then he did

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHl55xXZzAo' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHl55xXZzAo</a> replay of WH's race

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCecGrqEXTs' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCecGrqEXTs</a> replay of Samantha Miss

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DqNYMRQRJE' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DqNYMRQRJE</a> Princess Coup's win