Sim Decathlon

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Bill Deitch »

10 events – new and junior players – the ultimate test of SIM abilities, knowledge (and luck)!

That’s right…it’s the SIM Decathlon!!

A no-holds-barred, 10 round slobber-knocker to crown the first SIM decathlon champion!

The inaugural SIM Decathlon will take place this SIM year (22), weeks 11-16. The events will cover racing, breeding, handicapping, and SIM trivia. This contest will test your training, breeding, and researching skills as you compete for the top prize.

PURPOSE:
To give new and junior players a chance to win excellent prizes while building their knowledge of the SIM.

I am unable to put forth the amount of time and effort that other players can, so my stable it taking a little longer to grow. This is my best effort at helping some new players build up their stable in a hurry!

RULES:
1. Don’t talk about the SIM Decathlon. (Sorry, I couldn’t help it. If you haven’t seen Fight Club, please skip to #2).
2. The SIM Decathlon is for new and junior players only.
3. Every individual event will be posted at a specific time. Although not events will be time sensitive…some will be. These times will be posted once the schedule has been finalized.
4. Every individual event will have its own set of rules posted. These will be included with the instructions for that event.
5. Every individual event will have a prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. However, 1st – 10th place will receive points toward the decathlon standings. The points scale will be announced once it is finalized.
Basically, if you follow each event’s instructions, you will be fine.

EVENTS:
Racing – enter the right horse in the right race, and cheer them on to victory!
Breeding – analyze a mare’s race record, breeding record, and pedigree to choose the right stallion
Handicapping – pick the winners of selected races to accumulate points
Trivia – use your study skills to find the answers to questions ranging from Year 1 to Year 22

PRIZES:
-SIM money
-Game Points
-Created Horses
-Yearlings
-upgrades to SIMperior status
-Free breedings to some of the top stallions in the game including, but not limited to: California, Derby Report, and Comet; as well as newcomers Stealth Ninja, Lionize, and Zinfandel’s Story (just to name a few)

DISCLAIMER:
1. I have the right to change or adjust events, deadlines, and prizes as necessary (I’m hoping this doesn’t have to happen).
2. For the breeding event, the choices for the stallion will be reviewed by an expert panel (not including myself), with the winner being chosen by the panel. It will not be who I think picked the best stallion, or whoever picked my stallion. These will be carefully reviewed and then the winner will be selected. This type of contest is open to a lot of subjectivity and such, but that is why I am putting together a panel to make the decision. The members of this panel will be introduced at the time of the breeding event.
3. For the handicapping events, the correct picks of the races will accumulate points for the player. However, the total standings of the event will determine the points awarded that will go towards the overall decathlon standings.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
If you would like to participate, post here with your full SIM name and player status (new or junior). There is not a limit as to how many entries we can have, but we need a minimum to not include the veterans. So if you guys don’t want them included, get entered!!

Every participant will have a chance to race in either a dirt sprint, turf mile, or dirt classic race (or up to all 3) depending on the number of entrants. These 3 types of races are each their own event, so to compete in all 10 events you will need an entry in all 3 of these races, which might change. The tentative schedule is as follows:
Week 12 – dirt sprint
Week 14 – turf mile
Week 16 – dirt classic

!!!THESE COULD CHANGE…ANY CHANGES WILL BE MADE PUBLIC ASAP SO THAT YOUR HORSES CAN BE READY!!!

-----

Whether you just want to try 1 event and get a win there, or if you want to give it your all in 10 events for SIM glory, post here to register! Continued details to follow, with the first event tentatively scheduled to being on Year 22 – Week 11 Tuesday (September 9th or so).

Just remember…I will get information out as fast as possible, but please be flexible!!

Hope to see you here! Thanks!!

If you have any questions, feel free to send a message to my stable.
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

Sign me up! This looks like a ton of fun. Two weeks away? I can't wait. B)

Bryan Doolittle New Player
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

sounds cool.. if i'm still elligable as a junior player by then i'm in
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Bill,

Sign me up, I may not have time for all the events based on real life duties.
It does sound like fun!!!!!!!!!

Jon Jones
Junior High Player until Week 16
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Trevor Ralph
Miler

Post by Trevor Ralph »

sounds fun im in :)
Greentree Racing
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Greentree Racing »

Sounds Fun!

Ramrod Racing Junior Player
Peyton Goodwin
Two Year Old

Post by Peyton Goodwin »

Fun! I'm in!

(Pasha Plum)
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Wait, is this barred to just New and Junior High players?

I just graduated!!!!

Otherwise I'd so be in. :D
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Amazing contest Bill, I'll be rooting from the sidelines for all the new and junior high players!!
Callie Anderson
Classic Contender

Post by Callie Anderson »

I am so in on this!

Callie Anderson is the name and I am a newbie!
"We may not have it all together but together but together we have it all"
Scott Biddle
Two Year Old

Post by Scott Biddle »

Im in!!!! Scott Biddle --- Newbie
Bill Outsilver
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bill Outsilver »

This is awesome!!!! I'm in for sure.
Bill Outsilver- Newbie
Winged Tortoise Stables proudly stands:
Dirt Router Safe Passage, stud fee $20k and dirt miler/dirt router Mohaymen , stud fee $30k
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Rachel Sadler - Junior

Ill take on the challenge :D

And thanks for organising this. :)
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

larry burndorf is in
junior
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Michael Edwards
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Edwards »

Great idea Bill!

Michael Edwards - Junior
Stars Of Tomorrow
Multi SIMMY winner
Get 'The Star Man' Bloodline Here!

Luxury
Top earning son of Turf Sprinter, 'the blessed savior of the breed' Berlioz

Coming Soon.....
Hagrid