Canceling A Private Sale Offer

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

How do you cancel a private sale offer? I swear I can't find a button anywhere.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Can you just delete that message if it hasn't been opened? I think I've done that in the past.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

On the horse's page, where the buttons are, if you look on the right side at buttons like 'retire this horse' (if it's not retired obviously), send to greener pastures, and where you private offer the horse, it should say 'currently offered for $x' and next to that, a button that says cancel private sale.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

Alex wrote: On the horse's page, where the buttons are, if you look on the right side at buttons like 'retire this horse' (if it's not retired obviously), send to greener pastures, and where you private offer the horse, it should say 'currently offered for $x' and next to that, a button that says cancel private sale.
We tried the deleting the message, that only works if the other player hasn't viewed it.

I swear I do not have that button, I even tried a different web browser... as well as shrinking the size of font and such on mine... no button comes up. Is it on the recipents screen? I am the sender.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Remove the sale price, then go in and delete the PM that goes with it. That's how I've done it in the past.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

Nothing is fixing this bug.

If I delete any number from the sale price, and push enter it comes up as zero.

i tried offering the horse to a new person, and then deleting the unviewed message to them, but still no success. I am just going to offer the horse to someone else and have them send it back to me.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Ian I just logged in as you, offered one of your horses to someone else, went back to the horse, and it said Cancel Private Sale with the button?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

I have no button >.>

Maybe after the other person sees the views the private horse offer the button dissipears? This is what my screen looks like when I bring these pages up. Basically Karie McBrian sold me a broodmare, I thought I was just leasing it, so I sent it back to her, and she said oh you were just supposed to keep it, but the two of us couldn't figure out how to cancel the sale. I then have tried to offer it to Mea, so she could just send it back to me in a few days.

The pages look exactly the same on a Mac using Safari.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Re: Canceling A Private Sale Offer

Post by Anna Leroux »

Sorry I posted in sells with this but I don't have that option to cancel a sell either. I've tried modifiying price and then cancelling the message and nothing.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I've had this come up before and we never found a way around it.
Sometimes the "cancel private sale" button is available, sometimes it's not.
The only way we solved it was to offer it for $0 and then they send the horse back to you.
If anyone has a way around it, I'd like to know too. :D
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

I think I finally figured it out. It should be fixed now for everyone. No workaround required! :)