Help with breeding my mare

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

I'm wanting to breed my mare Leaveminthedust to someone really good. She has an American dirt pedigree, but I think it would be kind of fun to play around and breed her to a turf stallion and see if my colt would be versatile. BUT.... would that just mess things up? Create a horse that doesn't know WHAT it wants?

Any sire suggestions would be very helpful. I've narrowed it down to a few dirt and turf sires.... Onwardsilvercharm, Icon, and Rockport Harbor are among them.... and I would like to breed to Gray Swallow but that's just an overall weird cross that I don't have a good feeling about. I'm leaning mostly towards Rocky here, but any advice would be helpful. Thanks! =3
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

I like Rocky, but I think for your mare a stallion like Onwardsilvercharm would be best. To me, it looks better on paper but most of all, Onwardsilvercharm is economical and proven as a stallion. I am not saying that Rocky won't be a good stallion but at this point in time I would tend to go with the proven stallion for that mare. :)
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

My perspective is that the Battle Cry cross has worked several times with this mare's immediate female family, and there's no use fixing something that's not broken.

I can see where your idea for Onwardsilvercharm comes from, with Angelic Voice being a very solid mare who is Onwardsilvercharm x Angel Fever (Danzig), but I still feel that Onwardsilvercharm has seriously underachieved and is a waste of money. Nothing personal, but you give up any chance of a superstar when you breed to Onwardsilvercharm in favor of a very solid shot to get a B+ runner. Why do that when there are horses like Worth Fighting For around, who as a Fighting With Wit x Angelic Voice (Onwardsilvercharm), gives you BOTH of the lines you're looking for and certainly can get the "big" horse (see Enforcer and Darkness Awaits). Either Worth Fighting For or Enforcer would work for you in this situation, and if you don't like that there are numerous Fighting With Wit/Silver Charm crosses out there that would offer more of the brilliant turn of foot that is more characteristic of the Silver Charm line. Again, nothing against Onwardsilvercharm, but there's no reason to use him with Worth Fighting For giving you a sort of "2-for-1" opportunity.

As for going turf, its a possibility, but again, I wouldn't fix anything thats not broken. Its ultimately your call, and if you DO try it, I'd go the safe route of trying a Storm Cat-line horse first as a sort of trial run.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I like the Enforcer cross. If you want him as the match, let me know and I will let you have the breeding for free. We could arrange a time to be on, or the easier solution is just to breed him at will and then buy a crappy horse from the sale page and then put it back up on the sale page for 50k (tell me who it is) and I will reimburse you that way.

-Daryl
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Eric Nalbone wrote: I can see where your idea for Onwardsilvercharm comes from, with Angelic Voice being a very solid mare who is Onwardsilvercharm x Angel Fever (Danzig), but I still feel that Onwardsilvercharm has seriously underachieved and is a waste of money. Nothing personal, but you give up any chance of a superstar when you breed to Onwardsilvercharm in favor of a very solid shot to get a B+ runner. Why do that when there are horses like Worth Fighting For around, who as a Fighting With Wit x Angelic Voice (Onwardsilvercharm), gives you BOTH of the lines you're looking for and certainly can get the "big" horse (see Enforcer and Darkness Awaits). Either Worth Fighting For or Enforcer would work for you in this situation, and if you don't like that there are numerous Fighting With Wit/Silver Charm crosses out there that would offer more of the brilliant turn of foot that is more characteristic of the Silver Charm line. Again, nothing against Onwardsilvercharm, but there's no reason to use him with Worth Fighting For giving you a sort of "2-for-1" opportunity.
Yea. He's a real bank-breaker at $1000. There are other stallions standing for way more that have done equally or less than Onwardsilvercharm has.

I can see where your point lies, but I think its just mean to say something so harmful about another persons stud. I don't go around bashing your over-sized stallion roster, though I'm sure I could find things about a few of them.

Please, continue helping people breed nice horses. Continue giving them tips and hints, even if they aren't my stallions. But I see no need for your bashing my horse, especially when he's a valid cross for someone's mare.

Nothing personal, but I took it personally.