Breeding Help

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Heya all.
As we haven't played in a while and my knowledge of Sim linage is pretty poor as it is I'm hoping someone could help with my breedings for this season.

As it stands I have 3 broodmares - Larazi, Lonesome Hero and Potranca Muy Fria.

I'll start with Larazi. To date she's had just the three foals with only one of them (Shesadiscodiva) earning any money which she did in claimers. She's been bred to Hedancesdiscopants (Shesadiscodiva), Gothic Dream (Rhyme)and Lucifer (Largo) thus far and I'm at a loss with her.

Lonesome Hero - her best progeny so far have been Legendary Hero (Future Hero) who was stakes placed and best on the turf, Tragic Hero (Dubai Millennium) who won a fair few quid and was also multiple stakes placed, none of her other foals have been all that good.

Potranca Muy Fria - probably the best of these production wise being the dam of Conviction (Pi Kappa Dancer) who won a few races (7) and was placed top 3 in 22 of 30 starts. His best runs were when picking up the Firecracker Breeders Cup Handicap and Maryland Turf Million. The other one of her's I have high hopes for is my filly Walk of Life (Pi Kappa Dancer) who has won 1/2 starts thus far, a maiden in Australia. I was thinking as PKD is no longer in the Sim then to use one of his sons?

Thanks in advance
Martin
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Hey, no help yet, but I haven't forgotten you, I'll get around to this post as soon as my school work-load eases off a little.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

I've sorted out all bar Larazi now with a couple of top stallions who were breeding fairly cheap which is a shot in the bleak but hopefully they'll do well. A couple of new crosses but there's logic behind it.

Thanks for the help with Larazi though Eric :)
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

If you can eventually come up with the money, I'd peg Tejano's Causeway as your best bet. Tejano Causeway to an Arazi mare produced The Scarlet Nite, maybe one of the best turf horses in the game, so its worth exloring. Another Storm Cat line horse would be great; any son of Giant's Causeway would do the trick. Shamardal is VERY appealing, given that there's basis in Larazi's female family for the Mr. Prospector (specifically Fusaichi Pegasus) line being a nice match, so a Giant's Causeway son with Mr. Prospector influences in him is very nice.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Thanks Eric :)
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

If I were you Martin I'd use Tejano Flame (Loki Flame/Tejano's Pride) for Larazi.

I realize he's unproven, and I'm biased because he's mine.. But seriously.. He's a Loki Flame half brother to Tejano Causeway.. Value, a proven cross and Loki Flame to boot..