Introductions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Alexandra Jaysman
Two Year Old

Post by Alexandra Jaysman »

hi guys! i dont know if anyone remembers me but i used to play the sim too!! i thought it would be nice if we all introduced ourselves because some people may be new and not know all of us old players.

im alex, or aj. i wasnt very good in the old sim but i hope i get better soon. i dont really remember what i did between now and the old sim. i live in california, really close to where the steward lives.

my favorite horses are geldings. i love geldings!

cant wait to chat with you all more!
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Hey Alex! Nice to see you back!

I can help you remember what you did during the SIM break. You came and visited me for a week right after the SIM ended and we went to Monmouth. Remember? That was SO much fun. We need to do that again.

But anyway....I'm Steph Wilder. I was in the old sim for awhile. I built up a pretty decent stable, won the Belmont and the BC Juvy Fillies as well as a few Estrellas races.

My favorite horses are turfers, and I have a pretty good turf line in my stable right now.

If you have any questions or need any help, I'm usually around, just drop me an email, stixnchex15@hotmail.com, or an IM, Stixnchex15.

To all the returning players, welcome back. To all the new players, you're going to have a BLAST.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Hi Alex,

I am Dave, new to the SIM. Since you live close to the Steward, you are close to me too. Hmm, maybe I have seen/met you at Santa Anita or Hollywood Park? I have hard time remembering names and matching them to faces, so excuse me if I have and I don't remember.

I am excited to be in the SIM, I doubt I will do very well but as long as it is fun thats all that matters to me. :)
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Heya all.
I'm still Martin Pennington as I was two years ago. It feels so weird being back in the sim, i've practically finished University and was only doing my A-levels or had just done them when the sim ended.

Anyway I live in the UK and seem to be the only one so if anyone's out my way let me know :) and add me to your MSN if you can singspiel85@yahoo.com

More to come.

Martin
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

I remember you too Alex - glad to see you back :D
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Hi My name is Jolene, obviously. I'm new to the SIM, however I got to meet the Steward at Keeneland, where she snuck me into the paddock to be 2 feet from AZERI!! *dies* I held off my tears until the Post parade. ;) I've played 2 SIM games consistantly the last couple years, but neither is as high tech as this one. It looks like fun, and i need to stop buying horses. I'm hoping that i bought some good ones.

I've been trying to read up on the history to get to know some of the studs, since i LOVE using game stallions in SIM games. I bought 2 mares and bred 1 to Runaway and 1 to Storm Trader. Hopefully they will turn out well.

Oh I Live in Minnesota and work at the Info Center at Canterbury Park. Which is where I am right now. When i'm not at work i'm at my other job, running a boarding stable in Inver Grove Heights.

That's pretty much everything about me.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I am Daryl, and was just getting the hang of the old Sim before it went on hiatus. Luckily, Em brought it back and even without a race run, I am excited.

I live in Irvine, CA and was in the midst of switching careers from law to teaching. The transformation is complete, and I now teach 7th grade World History, 8th grade U.S. History and an elective called Law in Society where I teach the kids about their rights and responsibilities at the school, city, state and federal level. More importantly, we put fairy tale characters on trial so the kids can learn the different courtroom roles.

-Daryl
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

I love this. All the original SIM players introducing themselves as if we all don't know each other. It's good though, for all the future new players anyway.

I am Mandy, aka Mako. I've played the SIM for a very long time, don't remember when I started but it was the first year. Took me a very long time to get a rhythm going, but I think I've found my stride. :)

I am a part-time student taking Photography and Information Systems Technology, part-time sales associate at Ritz Camera, part-time photographer of animals and sports, and part-time martial arts student in Northern Virginia. I was born in Burnsville, Minnesota and that will always be where my heart calls home.

Information to contact me is in my personal profile here.

Happy SIMday,
~Mandy
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Okay, I'll play too!

I'm Ara Davies, one of the few players left from the OLD SIM (years 1 through 4). I've been playing since the fall of 1999, just a week after Jon Xett joined (JON WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUU). I live in Florida where I'm studying Aerospace Engineering with the goal of working with the Moon/Mars program for NASA. Or possibly Lockheed, we'll see. Maybe both.

If it weren't for Emily and the SIM, I would never have made it to a racetrack in my life. Now I go to Gulfstream whenever I can afford it; it's a 3 1/2 hour drive so I don't go very often, unfortunately. My favorite real life horse is Cigar and my favorite SIM horse is Atlas.

I've bred four Horses of the Year (Conduit, Banner, Jet-Ski, and Atlas), fifteen Champions, and two Triple Crown winners. One of my proudest moments in the SIM came in Year 14 when three Horses of the Year (Loki Dynasty, Le Dauphin Noir, and Atlas) were all sired by my star horse and one of the loves of my life, Conduit (and yes, Steph, he is still a pufferball!)

My great love is long distance races, preferably on dirt, but that basically leaves me with just the Belmont so turf works for me too. I don't particularly care for sprinters. The foundations of my breeding program are two mares: Rain Dancer (Storm Cat - Dance Smartly), from whom descends Conduit and many other top C-named horses, and Glorious Song (Halo - Ballade), dam of War Song and granddam of Banner. My big goal right now is to win the English Triple Crown.

And I think that's pretty much it. :)

P.S. Alex, you're plenty good! Remember that one year you picked ALL the BC winners? That takes talent!
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

And i'm Ronda.. I also had just started to get the ahng of it when it shut down and had finally gotten a couple good horses and my first stallion Really A Star was jsut starting to get winners on the track...Em's game not only started me on online horse racing games but started my love for the real track as well.. since teh Sim has been on vacation i have not only been to the track but have gotten both my Groom and Pony lience as well.. Now im working full time with PCL(working with the handicaped)but i also still train saddle horses on the side and have bought my first ever Thoroughbred.A grandaughter to Seattle Slew and have bred her to a In Excess son and the baby is due any minute now....
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I'm Mallory. I'm 19-going-on-20, and a freshman at UC Riverside in Southern California. I love history, especially Roman history. I also love music, particularly classic rock. John Lennon is my homeboy. I'm pretty talkative once you get to know me, and pretty random, too.

As for SIM history...I joined maybe six SIM years or so before it closed last time. In that small time, I made a TON of mistakes, but I also learned quite a lot, and was able to capture two Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprints within three years, and had a few homebred stakes-winners, including multiple G1 winner Anthem. My stable's most quality horses are sprinters, including Embrace and her daughter Shetalkstoangels. I do want to move in a turf direction, too though; I have a few nicely bred turf horses, and I'm looking to acquire more. I've never been particularly strong with dirt routers, though, so I don't see a Derby win anytime soon for Songbird Farms, but hey, who knows?
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Heya :)

I'm Sara Kendall. I have been in the old sim and was a smaller type breeder. I am trying to really concentrate on turfers, but I did just get Folklore and Wild Fit lol.

I have only had one champion and only a handful of stakes winners. The bulk of my stakes wins came with a horse named T M Awesome O which I purchased for a mere 10k. He earned over 4 million dollars for me. I also own Confirmation, which she won the AJC Australasian Oaks and earned almost 900k.

As far as real life, I am an assistant teacher at a local Head Start preschool. I love it...I LOVE working with those little kiddies! I am back in college, working on my associates degree in early childhood education. My main goal is to teach either preschool or kindegarten....NO higher than that lol! :) I am from northern Indiana, and go every year up to Arlington Park for the Arlington Million!
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Hello

I'm Brianna McKenzie

In real life I work with Standardbreds, because that's what local. I've falled long and hard for the breed. I haven't been following T-Breds as closely since this game shut up shop, but since the announcement of it's return I've been brushing up.

I've been playing for quite a long time now, and the sim is wonderful. I've had the best success with sprinters. Probably because I love the excitement of an all out dash. My turf horses were also very solid.
Julia Hogan
Sprinter

Post by Julia Hogan »

Hi all!

I'm Julia Hogan. I've been playing the SIM for awhile, can't remember exactly how long, I went under the name Nikki Brain. I've had a few stakes winners: Giggles, Tickle Me Silly, Long Lecture, and currently in training T M Laughin' O. I'm very excited about the SIM coming back and hopefully improving my stock with some new horses.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

I'm dying to show off my yearings...

but I won't. :lol:
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.