Sim Decathlon - Event 10

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Bill Deitch »

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>SIM Decathlon - Event 10</span>
Breeding

Do you have what it takes to make a smart choice for a good mare’s cross? We have an All-Star breeding panel that has been going over this mare to come up with what we feel is the logical choice of stallion for this mare. Let’s meet the panel:

Mallory Claire – defending SIMMY Breeder of the Year
Brianna McKenzie – one of a select few that have won both Trainer and Breeder of the Year
Laura Ferguson – 4-time Trainer of the Year
Eric Nalbone – 3-time Breeder of the Year and everyone’s favorite person to ask questions to
Bill Deitch – Trainer who hasn’t hit big time but started the Decathlon (how’d he get on here?)

RULES:
1. You may use any tool you wish to research the mare and possible crosses.
2. You will submit your top 3 choices (regardless of fee) with a simple reasoning for each.
3. The winner will be determined by the following:
a. Choosing the same stallion that the breeding panel has selected.
b. TIE-BREAKERS: The reasoning for selecting that stallion, if your second and third choices match the breeding panel, and the final tie-breaker will be a coin flip.
*NOTE: I am the only official on this. I have the breeding panel to assist me with any very close calls, but I am the decision maker. I know this type of contest can be very subjective, but I want each of you to know that I (with the help of the panel) will make the final unbiased decision.

Your answers must be submitted to me via message to my stable by 9pm CST on Thursday, October 16th.
-----

And now, the mare…

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=20971' target='_blank'>MINISTER'S MELODY</a>

Yes, the dam of Baffert. A mare to be reckoned with. It is your job to find the most logical cross for this mare. Last I checked, there are only 496 stallions to choose from. So put on your researching hats and break out the abacus...

Good luck!!
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Bill Deitch »

BUMP
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Bill Deitch »

REMINDER - Entries are due by 9pm CST tonight! That's 12 more hours!!
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Bill Deitch »

THIS PART OF THE CONTEST IS CLOSED
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Bill Deitch »

Thank you to the Breeding Panel for helping me out with this event!!

After deliberation, the panel came up with the following answer:

We felt that End of the Line would be the logical cross for Minister's Melody. Her star foal has been Baffert, who was by Loki Dynasty and was a multi-surface threat. We wanted to give this foal an opportunity to succeed on mulitple surfaces as well, and so we decided that this would be the choice for the cross.

As the winner, Callie Anderson received this foal, as we sent Minister's Melody to End of the Line and got <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=79322' target='_blank'>Decathlon Prize</a> (who was later renamed to Forever Autumn).

Congratulations to Callie!!