Condescending Attitude

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

It has been brought to my attention.. well.. let's not guild the lilly. Mallory has PMed me to inform me about my condescending attitude. I suppose this is in response to the reply to the suffragette issue. If this is what was read in what I typed, I appologize to you all. I refuse to bring the details of my real life into this. People who know me understand my real life and know what I'm going through. I do ask you to realize that this is the written word, not spoken. Something that may seem snotty when read may be completely different. There is no intonation in typing. There's no way to read someone's intention or feeling. Sometimes, it sounds stilted and rude. I tend to use uppity words on occasion because that's the only word I can grasp for, having a mild case of aphasia. I was an english major and have the slightest problem with grammar. This is the only reason I may ever correct that. I was in an automobile accident on Thursday where I could have lost my cat. Nationwide informed me that it's a good thing I didn't go to the vet with him because they wouldn't have reimbursed me for something so trivial. I am not allowed to go to a doctor until they claim liability per the adjuster investigator and don't have the money or the insurance to go myself. Yes, I said I'd keep real life out of this, but I'm tired of trying to be sunshine and rainbows. I HURT, and if I offend you in this, perhaps I should go elsewhere.

Mallory informed me that either I fix my attitude or not speak at all.

Perhaps it's time for me to move on.

Thanks for your understanding, guys. It's good to know I have friends.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope things go ok and you get to feeling better soon too.

Don't sweat the small stuff, life is too short for that. Sometimes people get heated in the moment and sometimes people read things differently than they were intended. You came here to set the apology in public and admit that you might have come across too harsh. It's the good thing to do and people will respect that I am sure.

:)
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

It is weird to see how words are read differently by different people. Add to it percieved tone and miscommunication sometimes occur. I read that thread as a total miscommunication that should have been let go. It was a nice history lesson that elicited people giving opinions on the history maker.

All I know is that I hope I didn't misinterpret your iGallop posts, because they were wonderful! :)

Daryl
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Thanks guys.. and no, Daryl. You didn't misinterpret the iGallop posts ;)
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I tried to keep this on a lower level by private messaging you. I even stated IN THE MESSAGE that "rather than carrying this on in a public forum," I wanted to inform you as to why I had an issue with you and what you could do to avoid conflict in the future.

When I said "condescending attitude," I meant that you tend to talk to people like they're dumb ("You've seen a horse break down, no?"). I can see that I snapped back, but it bothered me because I thought I was sharing an interesting piece of history that only a racing fan could really appreciate, and you have this (perceived or not) attitude that I just did not appreciate. I understand that things can be meant differently than they read, but I guess that day I just wasn't having it. (I'm an English major too, and I know I can say things harsher than I mean...I've edited many posts upon second reading because sometimes even I go, "Ouch!")

I hope we can get over the drama and just go back to enjoying the game.

Also, sorry to hear about your accident, I recently had my first a few months back and even though it wasn't as bad as it should have been, it still shook me up pretty good. I know insurance can be a load of *, so just hang in there.