Handicapping Contest Yearly Standings

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Franky Dam
Eclipse Champion

Post by Franky Dam »

Well the 1st ever year round Sim Handicapping Contest has concluded and it was a tight race down until the wire. Matt Wilson led for several weeks and it looked like he was going to pull away down the stretch but he never changed leads and Emma Lochran blew right on by. Not only did Emma Lochran win the yearly contest she also won the weekly contest 4 times, with one of those weeks being the Steward's Cup Challenge. And I would just like to point out that Emma wasn't even close to the top in the Steward's Challenge in the beginning and then she went on fire. She picked 5 straight winners from races 12-16 and then had the 1st or 2nd place finisher in the next 5 races. She was truly dominant as no other player had won more than 2 weeks and she won 4. So congrats to Emma Lochran for a great performance and we'll see if you can duplicate your performance in the real thing with the Breeder's Cup Challenge.

Matt Wilson came in 2nd and had all the pressure on him throughout the year. He ended up scoring a 1 and 4 in the last 2 weeks which ended up sealing his fate. He claimed to not know much throughout the contest but yet he kept scoring nearing the top. Eventually he fell in the end like the Patriots and I'm hoping this happens in the fantasy football league which he is currently dominating also.

Benny James (Bleudot) was our 3rd place finisher. He was battling it out with Keith Maidlow, Rebecca Cass and Me for while (until I faltered at the end) but Benny never really had any extremely low weeks and his consistent picking put him ahead at the end. He scored 23 points in the final two weeks which was good enough to take 3rd.

Suprisingly though the person who might've got 3rd if he hadn't missed a week was Iggy Timeeczech. He ended up in 5th only 11 points back but missed week 2 where the average score was 11 points. Now everyone knows to not miss any weeks next year! :lol:

Final Standings:

Emma Lochran 222
Matt Wilson 214
Benny James Stables 206
Keith Maidlow 200
Iggy Timeeczech 195
Rebecca Cass 191
Ronnie Dee 187
Sean Furney 182
Ramey Furney 177
Callie Anderson 176
Alex Puderbaugh 174
Nikki Sherman 174
Franky Dam 173
Bill Outsilver 169
Krystle Yanagihara 161
DistortedHumor 153
Msmith 147
Bill Oelrich 142

Emma Lochran - 1st place prize: 30k GP's, Free Breeding to Lionize, Please let me know which horse you'd like to choose from <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=60855' target='_blank'>Deviant</a>, <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=62919' target='_blank'>Build Anticipation</a> or <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=63085' target='_blank'>Wanted it to Last</a>.

Matt Wilson - 2nd place prize: 15k GP's, Free Breeding to Lionize, your choice of one horse from what's left after Emma chooses her prize horse.

Benny James - 3rd place prize: 10k GP's. Free Breeding to Lionize, the last horse left from the above 3.

Game points will be sent at the end of the month. Need to save my money for Breeder's Cup. :D If I don't get destroyed BC day then payment will go out sooner.
Benny James
Derby Contender

Post by Benny James »

thank you again......great contest.......congrats to Emmma and Matt as well...

Bleudot
(Benny James Stable)
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

This was way fun :) I wish I could pick'em in real life like I did in this game. I'll be going to SA saturday to practice some more :P

Much thanks Franky for your generous winning gifts, and all the time you put in this game.

Good luck to all BC weekend! Lots of rl money to be made, and fun to be had!

Congratulations to Matt and Benny, it was a tough game :)

I would like the filly Deviant please.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Congrats to Emma, Matt, and Benny. You can contact me about your free breeding to Lionize whenever you are ready. And you can use it this year or next!

Leo
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Thank you so much for hosting this contest week after week, Franky! I really enjoyed it and got to know some of the SIM horses I probably would never have noticed otherwise!

Distortedhumor
¯\_(ツ)_/¯