Create A Horse

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Create A Horse

Post by Katie Grenier »

I was looking through the "mix breed" topic here and was trying to get an idea exactly how the "mixed breeds" are going to be made available for whoever would like one besides through building your bank roll during the year or selling off a bunch of TBs just to buy them off the sales pages :?

Wtih the inflation of the "mixed breed's" prices, which are atronomical. Especially when you consider that the breeds have only just been introduced 4 days ago. And where they were originally sold for $5,000 a piece and are now being sold for prices ranging from $50,000 and up as of right now. Therefore, I would think someone would have to have a VERY nice bankroll in order to even get a chance to own and race a "mix breed". Unless they just decide to sell off a huge part of their TBs in order to buy and start building any kind of "mix breed" stable of their own. Let alone to be able to afford to keep, race and ship their horses.

Sorry, if it sounds like I'm ranting as it's not what I intended. I love the fact that the SIM has finally added Arabians, Appys, Quarters, Paints, and Standardbreds and really can't wait to have my own stable of Appaloosas and possibly a couple of other breeds on the SIM that are my very own as well.

Anyway, I only wanted to outline my next question which is the subject of this topic. Therefore, I'll get right to it.

:idea: Are we going to be able to buy "mix breed" CAHs this year? And if not, when would that be made available, if at all :?:

Thanks,
Katie
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Re: Create A Horse

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Katie, were you able to buy any of the mixed breeds at $5,000?

If not, I'll gladly sell you a few of mine for $5,000. I have all but quarterhorses....

This is not necessarily an offer for everyone, but I don't mind helping out someone who wasn't able to get any in the dispersal.
:cry: Sorry if this messes with others' mixed breed auctions. I'm not trying to undersell anyone.....
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

Leonard,

No I wasn't able to log in during those days when the dispersal sale was taking place and therefore missed out :( Otherwise, I don't mind waiting until things settle down but also wanted to know if the CAH feature was going to be extended, whether now or later, to include the mixed breeds as well.

I really do appreciate your offer in offering to help me out by being willing to sell me a couple/few of your mixed breeds, but unfortunately the only way I'd be able to pay for them at this time is through game points. While I know some people will take game points instead of SIM money I don't expect everyone to do so.

Just in case you're wondering what happened to most of my money, though I understand if you feel it's not any of your business, I spent a good lot of it at the end of Year 22 buying what Turf Sprinter mares I could find so that I have mares to breed with my colt Rush Tu Dis Miss when I retire him, which will may be some time this year. If not, I'll find stallions to breed them to and sell the offspring. However, I've noticed that there really aren't a lot of players buying TBs right now.
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Check your PM Katie! ;)
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Katie Grenier wrote:
Anyway, I only wanted to outline my next question which is the subject of this topic. Therefore, I'll get right to it.

:idea: Are we going to be able to buy "mix breed" CAHs this year? And if not, when would that be made available, if at all :?:

Thanks,
Katie

I am also intrested in this(and praying).. And i saw there was a QH stallion in the Game Point Stallions..Are the other breeds coming as well(expecially the Arabians)...lol i, so jazzzed the mixed breeds are here.....
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I'm pretty sure that the Steward will be addressing all of these questions at some point this week - it doesn't seem like letting everyone fly blind into this experiment is a good idea!

My hunch with regards to CAH's for mixed breeds is that the number of mixed breed horses is probably closely tied to how many races exist for mixed breeds, so it may not be quite as simple as simply adding a bundle of horses right away. It's possible that it may take a year of running the each of these breeds to figure out what groups need to be expanded via "artificial" processes like CAHs rather than simply breeding to flesh out the horse population. Remember that as long as there are a relatively fixed number of races for the new breeds, nothing will be more frustrating than not being able to RACE these new horses because races fill up, so there needs to be a balance between horses and races that I'm not sure anyone other than the Steward understands in the kind of detail you'd need to in order to make a call on CAH's. So I'm not sure if CAH's are something we'll see right away or not - I suppose it depends on whether create-a-races are opened up for mixed breeds right away and how the already-carded races fill. It will be interesting to hear all this information when the Steward does make it public!
Sean Furney
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Sean Furney »

There was an announcement in the Simcast about the Create A Horses for the new breeds saying something like it would be a couple of weeks before they would be available while they workout all the kinks in the system.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
- Ronald Reagan
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Sean Furney wrote:There was an announcement in the Simcast about the Create A Horses for the new breeds saying something like it would be a couple of weeks before they would be available while they workout all the kinks in the system.
Oh a new Simcast! That's something I missed!
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Sean Furney wrote:There was an announcement in the Simcast about the Create A Horses for the new breeds saying something like it would be a couple of weeks before they would be available while they workout all the kinks in the system.

thank teh good lord. I keep trying to get rid of my "cookies" so the new cast will show up on my comp but no luck yet :cry: However i WILL keep trying becasue i'd really like to hear teh info on the new breeds....And a couple weeks is GREAT beacuse that near payday.lol who hooo
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

Thanks for the information on the CAHs Eric and Sean.. I'll be sure to check that announcement out :D

I'd also like to give a huge thank you, from the bottom of my heart to Leonard Beagle, Gabby O'Toole, Bill Outsilver and Iggy Timeeczech for helping me be able to own "mixed breeds". I really appreciate what you've done for me and hope that I may be able to return the gesture in the future.

I'm excited about the addition of the new breeds and hope they will prosper as well as or better than the TBs have 8)

Thanks again,
Katie
Enigmatic Dreams LLC