Standardbred Equipment

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Standardbred Equipment

Post by Bill Deitch »

So I know that how we use this will only be learned as more races are run. However, can anybody explain to me what the equipment would be used for? I am thinking about this much in the same way that thoroughbred equipment is explained here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Re: Standardbred Equipment

Post by Laura Cameron »

I'm not 100% certain of the possible positive/negative effects, but I can at least tell you what the pieces are.

Blind bridle - essentially the harness racing equivalent of blinkers.
Shadow roll - similar piece of equipment to the Thoroughbred version. Keeps the horse from trying to jump shadows and hence possibly getting off stride.
Tongue tie - similar to the Thoroughbred version
Head pole - a straight pole that runs from the bridle to the strap around the horse's midsection. Keeps the head straight. I used this to try to correct a 'fought rider' comment from last week, but not entirely sure it is the right thing.
Boots - as for Thoroughbreds, I suppose. Where I live, virtually all horses run in a full set of boots.
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square