Arabian Lovers Unite!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Re: Arabian Lovers Unite!

Post by Emma Lochran »

How long are the arabs going to end up running, I mean what kind of distances in the endurance class?
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

My Arabian herd consists of 28 horses so far... Wow! How many do others have? (Sidenote: I like that everybody is on an even playing field with the new breeds.) I've purchased a good portion of my mares from the auction... well, maybe only 5, but that's still a good amount... and I've purchased a sluggish colt that I'm hoping may enjoy distances beyond 6F.

My future broodmare band consists of 18 fillies:
4yos -- 8 total
Anjum -- this dark bay filly leads the bunch. I purchased her for $20K after seeing her 4F work in 51.78 -- she will be a good mare for Rian when he retires!

3yos -- 6 total
These ladies are a tad slower going 4F; the fastest thus far is Cadhla. The chestnut filly went 4F in 52.46.

2yos -- 2 total
Both have worked under 53 for 4F, but the little grey filly Snowkissed shows some good promise after she worked in 52.28.

1yos -- 2 total
Both, of course, have yet to work.

My colts consist of 10 total. None are gelding at this point. I have four 4yos; most look like they are waiting for distances greater than 6F. Three 3yos are headed by my best Arab thus far -- RIAN. Rian worked 4F in 51.70 and is a stakes winner over 6F; he is currently waiting for another 6F stakes event to arrive (hopefully in week 8 ). There is only one 2yo -- named Civil Ceremony who just worked 4F in 52.36. Lastly, there are two yearlings who I imagine will be great! ;)

IN TOTAL:
4yos -- 12
3yos -- 9
2yos -- 3
1yos -- 4
W's -- 0

Can't wait for a couple seasons to come and go so the Arabs become more founded!! Lots of little Arab babies are in my future! :)

How do other people's Arab bands look so far? :?: :)
Chelsey Craig
Derby Contender

Post by Chelsey Craig »

Hey Landon.
I only have 6 Arabians right now.
Ahearn is my favorite. He's a 3-year-old won first time out and then ran 4th in a Stakes race.
I have 1 other 3-year-old Arab colt and a 4-year-old (One of them, Dionysus Spirit, ran 2nd to Forty Thieves in his debut, and I consider Forty Thieves to be a pretty nice horse.)
I also have a 3-year-old filly, and two yearlings-1 is a filly, the other a colt.

So all in all
4-year-olds=1 colt
3-year-olds=2 colts, 1 filly
Yearlings= 1 colt, 1 filly

:) I love the Arabs.
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

I have my band of the Terrific Thirteen.

I have all fillies except for one colt, Achmed, a four year-old colt who has been a dud so far. As for my fillies:

Four Year Olds
The four year-old class and possibly the whole band is headed by undefeated Nazli. The chestnut filly has won two stakes and $60,000 in her career and is best at the 6 furlong distance. The other four year-old, Randa, finished fourth in the Yellow Fire Stakes (her debut to the track) and will return Week 7.

Three Year-Olds
These fillies represent the quantity of the group. Fayruz is a stakes winner of $25,000, 2 for 2, and looking to keep it that way Week 7. However, she will be challenged by Afra, who has earned $10,000 on the racetrack and making her first stakes debut. And then there's the hardknocking Bahija, whose record is 3-1-2-0 on the track. Fidda, Hayfa, Jazira, Nashwa, and Tabari have shown little promise so far but maybe just need a bit more time and distance.

Two Year-Olds
There's only one here, the feisty black filly Lamya. She shows great promise, as her two works so far are at 4 furlongs. Week 1 she clocked a 51:70, and Week 6 she clocked a 51:66. I'm very excited for this one, she could be the greatest of all the thirteen.

Yearlings
Again, there's only one. Shula is just chilling at the farm, being doted on by all her handlers. Unlike the aloof, tempermental Lamya, Shula is sweet and loves peppermints. So go visit her at Trial By Summer.

My Arab record would be....
19 starts - 8 wins (Afra (2), Bahija, Fayruz(2), Nazli(3))
Fastest time -
4 furlongs: 52:05 (Fayruz)
5 furlongs: 1:06.09 (Nazli)
6 furlongs: 1:21.04 (Nazli)
Highest Earner: Nazli
Stakes winners: Fayruz and Nazli

Yeah, I'm very proud. :lol:
Chelsey Craig
Derby Contender

Post by Chelsey Craig »

I'm a big fan of Nazli.
:D
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

Lamya looks really nice! Wow; can't wait to see her debut next year! You definitely have a strong group of fillies!! Very envious... hopefully Rian gets a few of them thrown his way upon retirement! ;) :D
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

Emily W, it cost $200 a wk to board at Trial By Summer, in case you don't know :)
Sasha Heald
Derby Contender

Post by Sasha Heald »

Landon Alexander wrote:Sasha -- I really liked Pyrokinesis's debut -- she looks like she'll be a good endurance filly.... could be a good mate for Way!! ;)
Do we know when the races start getting longer? Way wants to win! :D

As for my Arabians... They were both mentioned in your post.
I have two, Way and Pyro. I am envious of your 28 Landon!!! (sleep with BOTH eyes open MWHAHAHAHA)
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

Yeah, Emma, I know. :D I just haven't been hasty in moving them out. Shula's on the first trailer to Granite Creek, jus to let you all know.

Landon, I will keep all these fillies and divide them equally between El Pantera, Way, and Rian!! Rian looks like a bona fide 6 furlong horse, so Nazli just might be headed his way!
Chelsey Craig
Derby Contender

Post by Chelsey Craig »

Okay everybody, I am super confused!
I thought Arabs couldn't race as 2-year-olds.
Isn't that right? I didn't just imagine that did I?
If I'm right and Arabs start as 3-year-olds, why is Youngster Park running two Arabian 2-year-old races Friday?

http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=63777
http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=63776

Can Arabs start as 2-year-olds? Somebody clear this up for me, please!
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

They can't, and besides, the Arabs don't race on Friday OR at Youngster Park.

It's got to be a glitch.
Chelsey Craig
Derby Contender

Post by Chelsey Craig »

I was so confused about it! I was like "Okay, it's not as Los-Ang, it's Friday, and they're BABIES!" hahah
We ought to PM the Steward before 2-year-olds race and get hurt or something.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Chelsey was 100% correct, it was a glitch, my fault. Those were supposed to be Thoroughbred races.

If you need a refund on shipping, let me know.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

Mmmm. I like these little guys. Bit disappointed Fayruz didn't stay undefeated, but I guess she just isn't the best out of all of mine as I thought she would become. No, instead Afra made me proud in gutting it out in a pretty decent time. Oh yeah, Nazli runs in an allowance next week, yay!!
Sasha Heald
Derby Contender

Post by Sasha Heald »

Emily White wrote:Mmmm. I like these little guys.
:mrgreen: You aren't the only one!
Both Way and Pyro run this Wednesday, both in Stakes.

Nerve wracked doesn't even begin to cover it.
(I think I might make myself a Way flag, or button, or hat, or shrine... He's facing off against Rian for the third time :shock:)