Races for new players

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I have a 3YO filly, yet when I look up races for which she's eligible to run, a turf race at Trial Park for 3YO and up fillies on the turf doesn't come up - any reason why?
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I should add the race does come up when I search for it, just not when I click on races for my horse.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I should also add that she is a Charismatic and it seems that in the SIM world, Charismatics are awesome on the turf.
Colonel

Post by Colonel »

Same for me. This is my 7th race week, and I thought I was eligible for 8 weeks.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Can you not cross enter horses once they've been entered in a race? I have mine entered in a week four race on dirt at Keeneland, but I would prefer a turf race at Trial Park. Maybe that is my problem.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Can you enter by using the "My Eligible Horses" button after you search for the race?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

You can't cross-enter anymore. I've tried.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Colonel

Post by Colonel »

As for me, I'm not cross entered.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

That's definitely my problem then. Cross entered. Speaking of turfers, are there ever any Japan-bred races in Japan? If so, it might be worthwhile to send my JAP-bred to Japan other than try to find turf races for 3YO fillies in the US. Dirt is obviously the surface of choice here.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

The Japanese-bred restricted races are mostly for 2YOs, I believe, but there may be some restricted stakes as well...not sure. :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Eh, that's probably not worth it to ship her there then. I guess I'll continue my fruitless quest for North American races for her.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Slots etc look at Barbados and Puerto Rico for races for your babies. Most of the top 2yos will be at the major US tracks so might not be worth taking on the real big guns for a while yet. Same with 3yos prepping for the Triple Crown.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

She's a maiden 3YO, just created (horse #25,000 apparently), so I want to do right by her. She's got turf turf turf in her SIM pedigree, and her sire has produced a lot of good turf runners, so I thought I'd try her over the turf. However, there just don't see to be a lot of MSW races over turf in the US anywhere for 3YO fillies. I wanted to keep her stateside, but perhaps Japan is an option with all the turf races for JAP-breds.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Wow, I can't find a Charismatic that's ever even won on dirt. Turf it is, heading to Trial Park!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

You are eligible for 8 weeks from the date you sign up (computers think in real dates, not in SIM dates). Just an fyi to Colonel.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG