The Official SIM Dreams Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: The Official SIM Dreams Thread

Post by The Steward »

I dreamt about the food thread.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-gsvG1XwI

(it's about the jock falling off the horse in the Arc, i think) edit: not in the arc...that was another video he showed me.

my buddy from Oz and I were talking on the cam last night and he showed me this he found in the forumt, about 1 A my time, maybe, 3 P his. my wife was sitting here watching tv in the study, and he asked me if she fell asleep because she wasn't being her usual chatty self and her back was to the PC.

He had to run to the market, so i went to check on my wife, she was conked out, and i got up, went in the great room and stretched out on the couch and dozed a few mins. and had a dream that not only did we now have jockeys in the sim (we didn't have them when i was here the first time), but we had to ride our own horses if we had double entries.

i remember getting on a plane to australia to ride one of two horses i was running in a MSW and when i got off the plane, i couldnt find a cabbie who knew where the track was.........it was getting sorta close to post time, and i started looking for a phone so i could call, well, whoever...i dont remmeber who i was trying to call to find out where the track was, because that's when i woke up. i just remember banging the phone against these green box like things......geez.

no more late night cold pizza and Heinken for me, for a while.

2/13/14----This was obviously written by my husband, before I took over his account. I guess EVERYTHING from his account switches over to me. I never saw it until just now. I seem to remember he used to have weird dreams when he did the cold pizza thing. The tragic part was that he would wake me up and tell me about them. (This is what I do during the break--read old threads. I really don't remember seeing this one.)
Last edited by Anne Conradt 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Last night I dreamt that Eric Nalbone sent me $850 on GP and a half day. I was like WHAT THE HECK THIS IS AWESOME! But then I realized it was still February, and he freaked out on me when I said I couldn't double the game points yet.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andy Gol
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Andy Gol »

I had a dream last night that I was driving around at sunset with my gf...and this B-52 bomber kept taking off just over the horizon...hovering....and then zooming by us...like....feet away. I have to see the Freudian analysis of this...
Cars - There is a very interesting article about cars and machinery symbolism at http://www.freudfile.org/psychoanalysis/paperstore.html. Generally speaking, it may refer to certain social conventions which require focus and a certain technique assimilated through practice. The car can also suggest the human organism which is regarded by the ego as mechanical (if we exclude the soul).
Hmmm, so maybe I'm defending myself FROM social conventions I don't like (The Plane) with social conventions that I DO like (The Car)...or maybe I feel trapped by the social conventions (The Car), but I worry that if I leave its comfortable setting, I'll be face to face with a B-52.

OR

I have no soul. Or my soul is trapped. Or something. That Freud...what a nut.

EDIT - Wait...it was definitely a B-2 bomber, not a B-52. Duh.
Andy Gol
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Andy Gol »

Of course...another site mentions this:
Balloons, airplanes, helicopters, rockets, etc. are symbols of erection.
So...that takes my dream to new, weird areas.
Andy Gol
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Andy Gol »

Oh wait...are these only supposed to be SIM related dreams?? What's the fun of that...I have B-2 erections flying all over the place...now THAT'S a dream worth talking about.

:mrgreen:
John Hannibal Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Hannibal Smith »

Andy Gol wrote:Of course...another site mentions this:
This makes me happy that I don't recall any dreams of airborne objects. Are you sure that all balloons are symbols with male implications? I would think intuitively that I would be okay dreaming of a couple of nice looking balloons.
Andy Gol
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Andy Gol »

Hahah, I dunno...ask Freud!
John Hannibal Smith wrote:
Andy Gol wrote:Of course...another site mentions this:
This makes me happy that I don't recall any dreams of airborne objects. Are you sure that all balloons are symbols with male implications? I would think intuitively that I would be okay dreaming of a couple of nice looking balloons.
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

So what does it mean when women dream about these airborne objects? o.O

For the record, because I know there's some sillies that find it funny to embarrass me whenever I set myself up like that.. I have not had dreams about these things before.
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Balloons look like sperm
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Meagan D'Amoure wrote:So what does it mean when women dream about these airborne objects? o.O

For the record, because I know there's some sillies that find it funny to embarrass me whenever I set myself up like that.. I have not had dreams about these things before.
Sure you haven't.... Hehehe.
John Hannibal Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Hannibal Smith »

Ara Davies wrote:Balloons look like sperm
Well, I guess if cigarettes hadn't cured me of ever trying to blow up a balloon again, that image certainly did.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Last night I dreamt that I was in Hot Springs to see Zenyatta run with a bunch of SIMsters and she ended up dumping Mike Smith and jumping over fences like a show pony. And then I was packing to leave the hotel and Leo kept calling and yelling at me to hurry up and join everyone for breakfast. It was interesting.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

That's cause Zenyatta wanted to replace Darby and I said no. Things horses will do to be mine :P
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I had a nightmare.. I dreamed that the Derby was last night and I missed seeing HR win the Derby by 40 lengths. and it was the only thing everyone was talking about in chat so i BARRED MYSELF AWAY FROM THE LAPTOP IN SHAME AND WOULDN'T ANSWER aRT'S PHONECALLS...

Good thing it was a dreams, cause that would have been idiotic
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.