How Did You Do in the First Races of Year 16

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Robin Tan
Two Year Old

Post by Robin Tan »

Emily Mitchell wrote: Loki Miracle won the Wildcat Handicap. Easily.

That is my first ever stakes win!

I am THRILLED!

:D

I heart Loki Miracle.
Aw, I miss owning Loki Miracle, but I'm glad that you own her and that she's doing well! Good luck with her in the future... she'll be a fun one to breed too because she has a pretty pedigree.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

I'm estatic with my first week..i had a colt i picked up off the sale page Without A Blink not only break his maiden his first time out but did it easily..lol most of the time my horses have to fight tooth and nail for thier wins...hen to go even one better my real life add in filly Cop's Time Bomb(our real life mare is bred to her sire) also broke her maiden 1st time out(even better then her real life self who had to wait until her 2ed trip out)..

Then my homebred Forloveofthegame was sescond in his stakes attempt and was only beaten 3/4l (if i remember right)..And my other homebred filly(theese are the oly 2 of the 3 2yrs I have from before)Deadly Tears was 4th in her maiden...got some work to do here...

lol yesterday about 1 hour before races clsoed i picked up Fight Or Flight off the sale page for 2k i think it was and he was 3ed in his Maiden attempt nearly paying himself off in his first trip out... And my homebred filly from my old stable Kenmare Krestrel was 3ed in her maiden attempt.. being i kept her for breeding(had no idea the sale page woudl be so awesome)i was real happy htere...

The Satelite filly i bought off the sale page managed a 4th in her debut race agasint stakes company so i'll drop her down to Maiden level and i'm hoping she'll get that win pretty soon...

Not bad overall.. i sent 15 to psot and 11 came home with checks enabling me to pick up a Black Ice mare off the slae page i'm pretty excited about.I've alwasy had a real fondness for him and Celebrate looks to be a real classy addition to my barn...she'll debut this week and let meknow if she wants to be a racer or a mommy....
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Ingrid wrote:
One question, would it be too soon to enter some horses again this week? Or do you usually wait a few weeks between races?
I would not run back to back unless i absoutly had too. The horses do so much better going every other week and will hold up better and live longer by giving tehm the time off they need.. And i would NEVER run a 2yr back to back this ealry in the season.Never Never Never...I know we want to race and the thing to do is go to hte lovely slae page pcik up a couple of cheap horses( or whatever you can afford).. Then stagger your horses.. i try to run half of my racing string oneweek and the other half the next.. Then i stay active and my horses stay sound...
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I had an awesome week. My initial strategy was quantity over quality, so I bought almost every cheap, unraced horse off the sales page. In addition, I also nabbed quite a few cheap horses who fit some of the less demanding races. The result was 60 horses running. THere were only four wins (that is what happens when you aim for quantity over quality, but 10 places, 10 shows, and another 15 picked up checks.

Two of my wins came in Cal-bred maidens, and another in an older horse MCl (though she won by 6.5 lengths, so she might be pretty decent). The highlight was seeing my best holdover horse, This One's For You win the Piece of the Moon as a 5 yr old.

I had a few stakes placed results, but the main thing was that I earned 244k. After a spending spree on the sale page, I now have 8k. Some of my favorite purchases include a monster older horse (Samurai) who cost me 150k, and one of my favorite stallions (Fantastic Light) who was a bargain at 10k.

Psyched for next week!

Daryl
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

great nab on Samuri.. he is one aweomse looking colt...
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

First week was decent. I am especially please with the two 2 year olds I had racing. Bought both of them cheap off the for sale page and they both have almost repayed their cost. Otherwise most of my horses at least brought home a check and two more were on the board.
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Post by Teri Lawrence »

Well. Here's mine.

Intimidator - I only repurchased him because he was a tribute horse. I don't expect him to ever win any races, so not too disappointed by his last.

Black Cherry - random sales page purchase. I obviously need to work her out. Maybe dirt?

The last Les Batons Magique...wound up in the same race with the last Rain Dancer. A length separated the two at the finish. My fault for not LOOKING at who was in the race. I'm not going to complain...except that Calais is smaller than Paris *laugh*. I'm thinking that La Parisienne has all the talent, and seems to want more distance...it looks like she ran out of track. And Calais is *likely* to be the better horse anyway.

Gospel Truth (Sunday Silence x Tell It Like It Is) broke his maiden handily, proving himself to be a potentially useful turf horse. Pleased with this one.

La Sorciere (Charm's Tribute x Les Batons Magique) ran a useful second in the Piece of the Moon behind This One's For You. Need to consider where to send her next.

Dare (Anthem x Steal The Show) continued the trend. *Another* second...looked like she too needed a bit more track. I never was one for the short running sprinters, so...

Tell Me The Way (Compass x Tell Me Always) clearly needs some work. It's good to have some of the Teller line back, but this one has never really done that much.

New purchase Dolce Tormento didn't do to well. Need to step back and look at him again.
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I only ran three horses and got a win, a third, and a 6th.

No complaints. The third was in a full field with a filly I bought off the sale page just moments before I entered her.

I'm keeping my stable small, as I have a (very) full course load this semester and want to actually be able to play without letting my classes suffer, but I think I'll head over to the sale in a bit...
Ingrid
Sprinter

Post by Ingrid »

Ronda Figal wrote:
Ingrid wrote:
One question, would it be too soon to enter some horses again this week? Or do you usually wait a few weeks between races?
I would not run back to back unless i absoutly had too. The horses do so much better going every other week and will hold up better and live longer by giving tehm the time off they need.. And i would NEVER run a 2yr back to back this ealry in the season.Never Never Never...I know we want to race and the thing to do is go to hte lovely slae page pcik up a couple of cheap horses( or whatever you can afford).. Then stagger your horses.. i try to run half of my racing string oneweek and the other half the next.. Then i stay active and my horses stay sound...
Thanks. I had one of my 2yos entered again but scratched him, and he won't run for another 2 weeks. I made a mistake in entering all of my horses in races (doh!) and now my plan is to pick up a couple more cheapies to get me through the next week, lol
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

Talented Miss broke her maiden and Him came in 2nd.. not too shabby..

The others just need some more fine tuning
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Weeeell...let's see

Georgie Girl finished fourth with the boys...that was expected

Winter's Cold finished third in a very thrilling Bay Meadows BC Sprint.

Legacy, American Baby, and Capturingthelight all won their debuts easily...too easily, lol.

Yep... I only had five in. But I went 5-3-0-1... not bad eh?

In this week... Broken Hearted in the Santa Catalina, Inner Light in the El Conejo, Shining Light and Georgie's Angel in allowances, and my new babies Genuine Miracle and Soul of the Lady in maidens.

My stable is small compared to everyone else's, but that's ok. I'm proud of my horsies. :)
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I bought Star of Emblem for $200 and she won a 25000 claiming race and won 7200! She was my onlu winner but I had 2 shows as well. Dues Paid, my Auction 2yo and Came Through a Came Home filly that I got for 1000 i think. I think she was my other 3rd. I got a few 4ths and 5ths but lots of lasts and 2nd to lasts. LOL 12-1-0-2 is my first week. But hey i didn't expect to win anythign! LOL