SATURDAY THOROUGHBRED HILLBILLY HEAVEN CONTEST

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

SATURDAY THOROUGHBRED HILLBILLY HEAVEN CONTEST

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Contest Idea and Prizes Provided By Kaine Saracen and Mark Rhodes.

OBJECT: To find the hypo-mate pedigree with the most boldface names.

PRIZE:5,000 game points to do whatever you want with. Make Silks, Create A Mare, Create a Horse, just whatever you want to do with the game points.

RULES:

(1) No Full or Half Siblings may be hypo’ed together.
(2) Hypos Must Be Different Sexes.
(3) Male cannot be a gelding.
(4) Thoroughbreds only please.
(5) No Parents To Offspring(Amended due to identified problem, thanks Ara).

One entry per person. No Multiple Posts Please. Only first entry will be considered. Please post number of Boldface Names with your Hypo-mating (So people behind you will know how hard they have to work…LOL).

CONTEST LENGTH:

00:00 Saturday - 11:59 Saturday 1/30/10

Please Do Not Post Before Midnight Nor After Saturday 1/30/10 Midnight.
(Time reworded to hopefully remove confusion)

Posts Before Or After This Time Period Will Not Be Considered.

In the event of a tie or duplicate hypo, first one to post a pedigree with most boldface names will be declared the winner.

Have Fun!

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any three legged foals that may occur from any actual breeding. Do not attempt this in real life. :lol:
Last edited by Kaine Saracen 14 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Re: SATURDAY THOROUGHBRED HILLBILLY HEAVEN CONTEST

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Can I get the definition of half sibs please. I understand full as dam and sire. But half, is it the dam only being the same or is the sire being the same a half (can the sire be the same)? Bottomline, what's the maximum bold possible?

Thanks! Looks like fun and I wanna play.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Half sibling is two horses with a matching parent, whether it be the dam or the sire. Maximum bold possible...hmmm, I can't give a definite answer, but I have identified one pairing of 15+. Mark, being Southern, can probably find/or has bred some with 20 or more... :P :lol:
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

OK I'm good with the half siblings thing. I think I'm ready to go.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

You should probably also add the rule no parents to offspring. Otherwise you're going to end up with ridiculous stuff like Jet-Ski x Carolina. Also the SIM won't allow you to do it any more than it'll allow you to breed siblings (it WILL let you breed grandparents to grandfoals though uh not that I would know that personally) (yet)

If you don't add this rule I'm pretty sure I win since in that hypo, out of 28 horses NOT including the parents there are only seven names not bolded. One of the seven is a full sibling to another horse who appears twice in the pedigree. Good luck finding something more inbred than that. :)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Actually that inspired me to find this, 19 bolded names including the dam's since she does appear twice:

Colorado x Kayak (grandson to grandma which the SIM does allow ewwwww)
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

- Bryan Doolittle
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Ara Davies wrote:Actually that inspired me to find this, 19 bolded names including the dam's since she does appear twice:

Colorado x Kayak (grandson to grandma which the SIM does allow ewwwww)
I got one that's pretty good that doesn't make you go ewwwww. I'll wait until the contest starts though.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I thought it started already? Friday at midnight? It's Friday.
- The Steward

- Bryan Doolittle
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

The original post came this morning so I figured what was really meant was the contest would run 24 hours from midnight tonight to midnight tomorrow night. Oh I'm soooooo confused. What is midnight? Is it the same day that 11:59.59PM falls on or is it the same day as 12:00.01AM. Or is it neither? Nothing? a non-day? Noon is easy but midnight, thy name is so wrought with darkness, dispare and confusion. I propose the contest starts at 12:01AM Saturday 1/30 and ends 11:59PM on Saturday 1/30...unless Ara is right and the contest already started.

Sheesh. This is too much to comprehend.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

OK, no parents to offspring(would make the contest to easy, well spotted Ara, please re-post after the correct starting time.)......and sorry for the confusion, since the name of the contest was SATURDAY Thoroughbred Hillbilly Heaven contest, we just thought everyone we knew we meant starting midnight after the results tonight...so the time to post is now 00:00 Saturday - 11:59 Saturday.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

There are probably folks out there who have been around for awhile who will be able to find something with more than this but let me start it off with:

Astonishing and Asleep As I Am (18 and I think legal).
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Kim Plausible
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kim Plausible »

This isn't more than Ara's submission but it should be LOL. It shows as 18 bolds but only because some of the names that really are inbred don't show as bold because the hypomate's 'knowledge' of inbreeding doesn't extend past three generations. Check this CRAZY hypomate!

Hoosier x Risk Yourself

Hoosier and Risk Yourself aren't siblings of any kind, but their dams are both out of Forever Risk by different stallions and they were each then bred to the other's sire. You could do this mating in the Sim. xP

ETA: I edited this to include one that I looked for originally, which I also thought was pretty cool (but also isn't a winner.) Priceless forever x Aramaic. Aramaic is a granddaughter of Priceless Forever by his full brother Serena Salute and if you breed her back to Priceless Forever you get 16 bolds (which would be 24 if all the inbreeding was included.) If you breed her to any of PF's full brothers you get 23. CRAZY.

This is a great contest LOL.
Send me requests for Feature Race articles!
"Thinking for me rarely ends in fewer than 300 words."
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

The best I can come up with is Zinfandel's Story x Zirconia...20 bolded names.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Ok, contest is over…..thanks for posting. Some good ones here.

Ara posted first and got 18. Then Kimberly and Keith, who got 18 each. And the one who got the most was Nan Lanson, who got 20, but her combo was a half sibling to a half sibling (both sired by Zinfandel), which wasn‘t in the rules.

Ara posted a little early because of the confusion about the starting time, and we told her if she won or tied we would still count hers and the first poster after midnight, but she said she wanted her prize to go to someone who really needed the points, so that was really fantastic of her. So we’ll give Kimberley and Keith 5K game points each, and Nan $5,000 game cash, for trying, even though she had a half/half breeding.

Thanks for playing, guys and girls.
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Oh its over. lol i just found the post and was working on one, never mind..
Thanks for putting the comp on..

The closest id found so far was...

Miles Apart and black condors sister Rapid Orange
Which has 26 Boldings. but i think that breaks a rule. So i was looking for something else.

Have fun
Tan..
Innocent Onlooker