Select QH 2yo Auction!!

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Select QH 2yo Auction!!

Post by Landon Alexander »

http://www.simhorseracing.com/auctions. ... ionID=2336

Ends this coming Monday. All 21 horses are wows, majority have equipment checked, one filly was included! A few with lesser known sires (great to get those fresh lines into your stable). Lowest prices seen on my unraced wow QH's.
Kevin Rivers
Miler

Re: Select QH 2yo Auction!!

Post by Kevin Rivers »

Let me start off by saying you have all the right to price your horses and sell them for as much as you want. In my opinion, wows aren't valued as much anymore. Maybe the lack of races? The reason that they can barely manage to break their maiden sometimes? Pretty sure many of us would get those horses at a lesser price or if we thought they could make the money back rather soon than later.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I think this is maybe more the case with mixers than TB's. The purse structure is much lower for mixers with most stakes races being only 50K (and non-graded) and most non-stakes races having a purse of 10K. Since everyone can't be a winner even finishing on the board does not allow for a very big payout, especially in the non-stakes races but even in a 50K stakes - third place is only 5K. Should you be lucky enough to get a colt that is a true *star* runner who wins a lot of stakes he will probably make about 500K on the track and stand for 5 -15K. So I think when people look at spending 75K or more on a young mixer they are wondering what the odds are of them getting that money back plus a profit - and finding the odds not all that good. Add to that the fact that the average earnings for most mixer stallion offspring is somewhere around 15K or less and the fact that quite a few owners are having to run their Wow's in claimers or NW2,3,4,5's. I think people are a little more choosy about their mixer Wow's than maybe they were when Wow/Stakes categories first came out. At least I think this may be true with the mixers.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Just my opinion, but for all other mixed breeds i would say these horses are overpriced, however QHs do have more races and more earning potential, so I would say they are not too bad
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

Well... I just returned to the Sim to read some lovely opinions that weren't warranted as I never asked for them. Last I checked both the sprint division and most especially the mid division have multiple $1 million races with the mid division having these races available from 2yo up to 4yo+. It's rather irritating having nay-sayers post on my thread when I'm trying to sell. Thanks so much.