SIMages!!!!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Hello Everyone!

I would like to let you all know that I have been working hard on getting SIMages up and running. I just got the Advertisement Banners working and you can now order banners to be placed online and/or in the newsletter.

<a href='http://simages.ekawadesign.com/pages/banners.html' target='_blank'>Advertisement Banner Page</a>

The other features are taking a bit more time, but I thought I would let everyone know about the banners so you can place orders for your Stallion(s) and/or Stable. Also, I am interested in any feedback the community has (be it positive, negative or just plain silly!) regarding the banners or the SIMages in general.

If you need to ask questions and don't want to post here, send me a private message or email me \[EMAIL=info@ekawadesign.com\]info@ekawadesign.com\[/EMAIL\].

Thank you for your time,
Dave
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Hey, I can't see the animated banners with my main computer, but I can with my laptop. I'm running the latest version of Firefox on both computers, anyone have any ideas?

The non animated ones look great though. Nice job, Dave!
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I forgot to mention the animated versions are Flash. Do you have the Flash plug-in installed in Firefox? It should work if you do.

Here is the link to the Flash Player:
<a href='http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/' target='_blank'>Flash website</a>
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Aha...I updated the Adblock extension for Firefox and now they show up. Looks good!
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Okay, I placed an order for a stallion banner.

When I filled out the order page, it insisted I put in a horse name at the top. If I'm ordering a stable banner, what should I put there? The stable name?
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Uh, sorry Ara, don't mean to use you as a guinea pig. Yeah that field does require either a horse or stable name. I need to update that page. :-)

As you can see, this is in the early stages so I will need all the feedback I can get to make it better/smoother process.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

I don't have money right now to be able to do this stuff (maybe sometime in the future), so am I allowed to make my own silks and stuff? I have Photoshop......
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I think you are allowed to use them as an avatar...but their inclusion on the site itself will probably be limited. For instance, the silks will be (already are?) on stable and player pages.

The Steward and Ekawa can talk more about this I am sure.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

You can make whatever avatars you want, but as Daryl said, silks for your home page and horse images are all to be made by SIMages.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

M'kay. Thanks =)
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Just wanted to say "Thanks Ekawa" for my silks.. they arrived today and i LOVE them :D

p.s...How do i get them on as my aviator i bleieve it is??
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Avatar - go up to your controls at the top of the forum page (in bold) and on the right you'll see a link for them.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I'd also like to say THANK YOU! I love my silks as well! You guys do great work! I love everyone's silks actually, they are all so different and creative. I'm excited to see new ones. I'm thinking about ordering a Stallion Banner for 1 or 2 of my studs. But i need to think of what to say on it.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

When I try to upload my silks it says that type of file isn't allowed as an avatar?
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Thanks for all the feedback! I really like making these Silks, they are FUN!

I realize that some of the earlier orders didn't receive the smaller version of their Silks. This was an error on my part, so be looking in your email for a smaller version of your Silks if you did not receive them initially.

The size needed for this forum is 64 pixels by 64 pixels (max). If you have any problems with the Silks avatar being too big in file size, just email me or post here and I will get you something that will work.

Now LET's RACE!!!! :D