Names!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

So... ever since Em said the Sim was coming back, I've been thinking of names non-stop. Someone'll say something and I'll think, "Huh, that'd be a cute name!" I assume I'm not alone in this... and I was just wondering, what's everyone's favorite source of names?
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Professor's lectures or reading material, its the only way I'm surviving my philosophy class right now... I only stay awake from minute to minute on the off chance that the prof will use an interesting word for a horse name.
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

School and music are my main source of horse names. I just hear things that sound cool, and I automatically think, "what a great horse name!"
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Making up names is my favorite! Just ask Emily, they seem to fly out my mouth before I think... Of course many names I come up with can't be used for one reason or another, hee hee. ;)
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

I know one of Molly's stablemates owners want to call him Complete Anchor (he's a son of Slip Anchor) that made me chuckle.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Eric Nalbone wrote: Professor's lectures or reading material, its the only way I'm surviving my philosophy class right now...
lmao... I've got an elective called Ancient Athletics that is WONDERFUL for that :D
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Unfortunately science classes do not lend themselves so easily to names, unless you want horses named Silver Hydride or Hadley Cell.

Which I don't.

Now Hadley Rille I might go for. That's on the Moon. Because naming horses after features on the Moon is COOL.

Think I can name one Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter?

Okay this is the second time I've edited this. I forgot that I named Atlas after a rocket. That is science. So I suppose it is okay to name horses scientific things after all.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Had a lecture yesterday (well two) on Hetereostadasticity so might call one that if I can.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I thought it was Hetereoskedasticity? Have I been using it in casual conversation like that and totally looking like an ass in front of my Econ friends?

-Daryl
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

I use a combination of sire and dam names,movies and music....
Robin Tan
Two Year Old

Post by Robin Tan »

Music. I think that 95% of my yearlings this year will come from or relate to song titles, song lyrics, CD titles, or band names in some form. I've run out of creativity and used up all my original names on the 52,839,429 foals that I bred before the SIM shut down.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Daryl Singhi wrote: I thought it was Hetereoskedasticity? Have I been using it in casual conversation like that and totally looking like an ass in front of my Econ friends?

-Daryl
It's heterostadasticity - like anomalies and stuff like that I think when mapping statistics on charts (I think) :lol:, either way I have an exam on it so gota start revising somewhere - why not with the Sim? lol
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

What is funny is that Heteroskedasticity also means a data sample that maps errors of different variable distributions. It looks like we both know big words :) Of course, I had to look up the exact definition of mine at economics.about.com

Now you have a name for a future sibling of Hetereostadasticity.

-Daryl
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Thanks Daryl.
Her first born may well be called Heteroskadasticity, I'm not a fan of statistics :lol: