Another New Player

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nancy Prather
Two Year Old

Post by Nancy Prather »

I just wanted everyone to know that my daughter just signed up to play this game her name is horse_breaker_gal2006 and I know you all will be just as helpful to her and you are with me wooohoooo!!! :D
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Welcome to Horse-breaker gal as well!
I'm just here for the fun of it
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Well, first thing's first, the #1 forum rule is....

"#1: Please register using your full game name. If you don't, then you will be deleted."

Well ok not deleted, most people don't read that right away. Just shoot our friendly Steward a little e-mail through the contact form on the main site (and introduce yourselves! After all, you are new :) ) and she'll fix it as soon as she can (she won't delete you, just change your forum names).

That said... WELCOME!! We're all glad you both decided to join our wonderful little family (and yes, it is a family, though a bit dysfunctional, none of us would trade it for the world). My only advise to you right now is, visit the forum regularly, and ask as many questions as you can, no matter how silly you think they may be. :)

Oh and also, visit the tutorial site, it's a great read (I've been here for seven real life years, 15 SIM years, and I'll still read it).

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/walkthrough/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/walkthrough/index.html</a>

B)
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Amanda Saunders wrote: My only advise to you right now is, visit the forum regularly, and ask as many questions as you can, no matter how silly you think they may be. :)
That's true. Just about any question you can come up with has been asked and answered here a few times already, but those who hang out here generally don't mind answering the question again, even if they just point you to another thread.

If you are willing and able, I'd also suggest writing a few articles - previewing some big stakes races for next week, something along those lines. Read a few first, of course. Megan Grant writes wonderful previews, her articles are great for models. Writing articles can really help you keep your bankroll afloat in the first few weeks while you're gaining your bearings.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/featurerace/index.php' target='_blank'>You can submit articles here.</a> Just be sure to type them up and save them in a word document first!
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews